National priorities for the U.S. ought to include – ensuring national security, providing clean and affordable energy, protecting the environment now and for future generations, educating an engaged citizenry and a capable workforce for the 21st century, improving our health care system, maintaining a leadership position in global economic competitiveness, and working internationally to build a safer world. In addition, a common element across all these urgent priorities is the key role that research and development (R&D) and technological innovation will play in solving problems and advancing our national interests across the board.
The following are a selection of special reports or studies one ought to read that provide information that may have a bearing on America's future:
- American Infrastructure: 2050
- Future Timeline: 2020-2029
- Future of American Innovation
- Global Strategic Trends Out to 2040
- Life Sciences & America's Future
- Life in 2050: A Pew Research Report
- National Intelligence Council: Global Trends 2025
- U.S. Committment to Global Health
If you know of any other good studies or reports that are available on the web, please let us know. What are the other high priorities that you see for our country?